Thursday, March 1, 2012

March

I have been wanting to blog for a while and have several post in mind but I am just going to combine them all into one epic post. Can you believe that it is March today? We are almost 1/4 done with the year 2012. Time is a crazy thing. The fact that we have to add one day to the calendar every four years because a complete rotation around the sun actually takes 365 days AND 6 hours is crazy. It blows my mind.

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Leap Day. I know I did. Ailsa picked me up from the MTC and took me to Blackjack to get some pizza. They were handing out free T-shirts for Leap Day and if you wear your shirt when you go in to order a pizza any time from now on out you get a free order of breadsticks. Legit.

Here is the update on my life: Valentine's Day was lovely. Check out this sweet Valentine Package from my family in Washington...


Those cupcakes were DELICIOUS and if you don't have a one of THESE, you should get one. It's really cool. It makes cooking with batter clean and you can make perfect circles and really nice shapes with your pancakes. Way to go, Martha Stewart. Also: I have Nicki Manaj nails. 

I went to a lovely Lonely Hearts Club Party that a couple of adorable girls in the ward put on. It was fun. We made paper bag Valentine mail boxes. Isn't the one that I made cute? 


Here are some of my favorite Valentines people made me...



It's upside down : ( I don't know how to flip it. It says...

Krazy
Awesome
Terific
Elegant


My personal favorite: "Love is just a series of random chemical impulses in the brain...Happy V Day or whatever." I almost wet myself. 

For President's Day Weekend Riley, Alyssa, Kenzie and I drove down to Saint George and met up with Lindsey, Mom, and Dad. It was an awesome trip. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we got to enjoy each other's company and hike around in the beautiful red canyons. Yeah. You see, we know how to live. 






While we were in Saint George we received some incredible news. We received a couple pieces of incredible news actually. Our family is being very blessed right now. 

INTRODUCING: The newest (and hottest) BYU COUGAR in the family. Lindsey McCall is coming to The Y. We are six for six people. True blue through and through. Jace worried us for awhile. Luckily out of state tuition for U of U is not cheap. He saw the light. I am so proud of this here little woman and all that she has accomplished. I cannot wait to have her in the same city as me. My one and only beautiful sister is coming. Now we just need to get her on a mission and we can all be RM BYU Cougars together : D No pressure, Babe. 

Also: THIS GUY officially has a release date. Ya viene el primer dia de Agosto! August FIRST! 

Mom, dad, and Lindsita stoked him in Vegas before they came up to St. George. Yup. They sure did visit the mission office and take pictures outside of his apartment. They are lucky he was not around!!! How many times have they been to Texas? Yeah. That's what I thought... Elder Christensen actually called us the day my family was in Vegas (at the request of his mission preisdent's wife) to get some needed insurance information to be able to visit a doctor, so my mom got to talk to him for a few minutes. We were so close! 

Here is a picture of Riley just because we love him and he is SO HANDSOME. He is also graduating soon. GOOD for him. 


Not much else is going on. In school I have learned how to test hearing on an audiometer and fit a hearing aid. I am not sure why I had to wait through three years of college to learn that stuff, but classes are good. I am also starting to look into graduate schools. I am open to options if you have any great ideas. 

I finished reading Mujercitas, which is little women in Spanish. I really enjoyed it, although I think most of the classics that are written in English are better in their native language.  It is good practice though and I love learning new words. 

I used to be a real movie person, but I have kind of given up hope on movies. I have not really been excited about seeing a movie since this summer when I saw The Help and Harry Potter and that is only because I read the books first and loved them. Nothing has really been appealing to me, so I have switched to television for now.  

I LOVE PARENTHOOD. Seriously. I tear up almost every week. This show is so real. It reminds me of my own crazy family because we are all close. I have not watched most of the first part of the series because I was gone, but my mom introduced me over Thanksgiving Break and I am hooked. It is like a real, dramatized version of Modern Family, which I am sorry to say is really not that funny anymore. Parenthood is good though, and I am not even a parent. I still love the show. 








Also: Once upon a time. I was not really sure at first if this show was going to be good and I was not convinced after watching the primer. I am a convert now. The Valentine episode that they did with Belle from Beauty and The Beast was BEAUTIFUL. I loved it. If you love fairytales, you should watch this show. 





I think I am going to try and do Ragnar this year, so I need to start training. Lindsey - will you train me? I am so happy that they weather will be nice soon so that I can run outside. Now you are all caught up! 

WAIT! How could I forget one of the most important things??? 


STEPHANIE IS HOME FROM HER MISSION! Three years later and we are still best friends. Everyone who comments needs to put a reason WHY Steph should move back down to Provo this Spring and live with me. I think that "Katelyn Christensen lives here" is a good enough reason. I am so happy to have her home and I love our midnight FB chats. Welcome Home, Bestie. Way to Return with honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment