Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Of Nuns and Gospel and All Things Awesome...

I think I am going to take a social dance class next semester before I graduate. Wouldn't that be fun? I want to be able to DANCE. I want to shake my thang like little miss Gladys Knight...


She is so cool! I wish I had that kind of soul. My dream is to turn on General Conference and see her leading the MOTAB choir in a gospel number. Praises to God as they were meant to be sung! 

Ever since I lived in the south I have fallen in love with Gospel music. It is my favorite. I want to be able to belt it out like miss Lauren Hill does in Sister Act: Back in the habit.  Check it out. 





Speaking of Sister Act: Remember how adorable this is? Besides gospel music, nuns are another fascination of mine. I am not even joking. I think they are the most festive and adorable people ever. Mostly that is because I love Sister Act, The Sound of Music, and The Trouble With Angles...all excellent movies and all about nuns. I am sure real nuns are nothing like they are portrayed in the movies. Still....I would give anything to travel to New York and see Miss Raven Symone in Sister Act on Broadway.


Since I probably won't be able to do that I will just enjoy the movie - and watch Gladys and Dancing with the Stars. I have not been an avid follower of the show in the past, but the season primer on Monday was absolutely AMAZING. Which brings me back to my original point: I want to dance. Look how charming these men are! 




and this adorable little Brit


They are all awesome, right? Might I remind you that this is week one. Yeah. I want to dance like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment