Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some Lessons Learned...

     This was a big week for me.  I officially completed my LAST day of school of my FIRST semester back at BYU after my mission. It has been an interesting summer full of adjustments, changes, and learning to live life after life as a full time missionary. Here are some things I have come to appreciate these past few months...



COMPANIONS: are awesome. I love them. All of them. On your mission you leave your best friends to live with complete strangers and somewhere along the line those strange peope become your best friends. They are the only people who really understand what it was like to be there, because no matter how hard they try, your parents will never understand your mission as much as the people you lived it with.



These are my cousins. I never really realized what a lucky girl I am. I am like the real life Hannah Montana. I have the best of both worlds. I grew up in the perfect little community and was surrounded by the love of my Pa and Grandma Jean and all my Washington counsins. When I moved to Utah I was surrounded by my Grandpa and Grandma Marilyn and all of Utah Cousins. My aunts always take care of me when I can't be in Washington with my family. I am so glad I have them.


The Provo Temple is BEAU.TI.FUL. On my mission I was lucky enough to go to the temple every six weeks. Now I am blessed even more because I do not have to wait six weeks to go to the temple. I can go whenever I want. It is pretty cool - and it is how I have been able to survive no longer being a missionary and starting school again.



As a missionary getting letters is important, but I never realized how much getting letters FROM missionaries can bring joy to your life. Reading letters from tht tall, blonde kid on the right is like Chicken Soup for the Post Mission Soul. I am so proud of my litte brother. UPDATE: He was just transfered out of the Nevada Las Vegas Mission Office and is now serving in Blythe, California. He is finallly going back to espanol! I am sure he is excited. Blythe is pretty rural too, so it will feel a little bit more like home to him. He hits ONE YEAR in the mission field next week. YAY!



Same thing goes for this kid - her letters from England are little pieces of sunshine for me. I never thought about the fact that both my baby brother and my BFF, two MOST crucial peope in my life, would be GONE when I came home. It has been hard, but I would not have it any other way. They are serving the Lord and doing what they should be doing. Sister White is going GREAT on her mission. She has been out almost 13 months now and will be home after the New Year. For more info please see www.noontimeteawithstephanie.blogspot.com




I LOVE studying Spanish. It makes classes fun and interesing. It is something new and exciting that I never studied before my mission. I look forward to going to class and love talkng with every hispanic that I meet on the street in their native tounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment