Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dorothy was right...

While I was on my mission my mom sent me a Glinda the Good bookmark with this inscription on the back...


"Then close your eyes and tap your heels together three times. And think to yourself, 'There's no place like home"





That little Bookmark guarded my scriptures the whole time I was in Texas, and the older that I get, the more that saying proves to be true. There truly is NO PLACE like home. For the past two weeks I have had the opportunity to be home between summer and fall semesters. I LOVE BEING HOME. 
Here are a few of the reasons why...





These people. These are my parents. Big brother Riley left to NYC for some much deserved vacation time with Chad before school starts and Lindsey went to Utah to do some shopping (and a little bit of Job Shadowing too). It was just me and the rents for a whole weekend (almost). I have never been an only child, but it was great to spend time with them. We went to Les Miserables in Seattle. I even dragged them to the Grant County Rodeo and to The Help. Don't they just make you smile? They make me smile. Especially when they buy me new jeans and pay for the alterations, because sometimes a "short" just doesn't cut it on these legs. 




LINDSEY McCALL! - My little sister is awesome. I don't think I have even met a more focused 17 year old in my life. She makes me laugh. Each time I come home she impresses me more and more. This time it is was not just with school (although she was brushing up on her calculus the ENTIRE week before school started - who does that?), but Volleyball and staying in shape as well. She runs. Three whole miles. Often. She also has us all eating bananas for dessert and whole wheat bread. Her heart is bigger than her entire wardrobe, which is pretty big - trust me. LOVE HER! 




THE TRAMPOLINE! This is my favorite thing. I LOVE jumping on it every night before I go to bed. Best money my parents ever spent. 




This is our new deck where I could sit all day long and read and look out at Royal City. It is AMAZING. See the beautiful rocking chairs?




This is MI CASA! Isn't it pretty? I love it. Life is just better when I am there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment