Sunday, February 3, 2013

RAVENS!



I became a Ravens fan about 12 hours ago. I was obviously rooting for the Seattle Seahawks this year because I am from Washington. Unfortunately, they didn't quite make it to the SuperBowl. They came REALLY close though. Good for them. 

This morning I decided that I had better pick a team. Originally I thought maybe I should root for San Francisco. They ARE from the West Coast AFTER ALL. And I do love Steve Young. We used to have a cardboard cut out of him in our apartment Freshman year. Riley would always steal him. REMEMBER THAT, RY? Bad Brother ; ) 

Steve and Stephanie


Steve as a Nephite Prophet


I really like Steve, May be REST IN PEACE. The truth is that is he is no longer a part of my life. I need to move on, and there is no reason for me to root for the 49ers. 

Reasons why I decided that the Ravens are awesome...

1. References to Edgar Allan Poe. He is so edgy and cool. 

2. The kid Michael from the movie The Blind Side plays for the Ravens and Sandra Bullock is amazing. I really like her. I really like her in THAT movie. She was there at the game in her Ravens jersey cheering Michael on. I love that. If it's good enough for Sandy it's good enough for me. 

3. Hairspray (the musical) is pretty much hilarious and Good Morning Baltimore is one of my best go to songs. I LOOOOOOOVE YOU, BALTIMORE

4. Purple is a fantastic and unique color for a football uniform. 

5. Denis Pitta used to play for BYU and he is the only familiar player to me from both of the teams. I have to support my COUGS! 

6. I felt like going into the game the Ravens were the underdog team. I am a rebel and I do love a good underdog. 

7.  I didn't realize this before the game, but I realize it now that the brother that Coaches for the Ravens seems much cooler and classier than the brother that coaches the 49ers. This San Francisco man freaks out all the time. 

I think that these are very sound reasons to root for a football team, don't you?

Sidebar: BEYONCE IS AMAZING AND I WANT TO BE HER! I at least hope that I can learn to dance like her. Holy Cow. Get it Girl! 


How crazy was it when the power went out? It reminded me of that scene in Batman when Bane goes to the football stadium and horrible things happen. I was expecting Riley to call me with his Bane impression. 


My favorite commercial was THIS one. 


I love it so much because it is a sweet message about farmers and it reminds me of home, but also because my parents frequently listened to Paul Harvey (GOOD DAY!) Also, I like that it isn't trying to be clever or funny. It's just simple and touching. 

THERE! I just blogged about the Superbowl because I came home and I am the only here and I needed something to do. UNTIL NEXT TIME! 

XoXo






No comments:

Post a Comment